Town Clerk's Office

Town Clerk's Office

For Assistance, please call 978-777-0001 x3051 or x3053

General Services:

Issuance of Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates & Marriage Licenses. 

For certified copies of these documents, you may order online by clicking Vitals, or you may send your request in writing to: 

Town Clerk

Danvers Town Hall

1 Sylvan St

Danvers, MA  01923

Please include $10.00 and a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request.  You may also obtain certificates in person at any time during normal business hours.

Passport Application Acceptance The Town of Danvers is no longer a Passport Agent, please visit the official Department of State website at or contact the National Passport Information Center via toll free at 1-877-487-2778 (TDD: 1-888-874-7793) or

Sporting Licenses Town Hall is no longer able to offer this service.  Licenses can still be obtained at Dick's Sporting Goods at the Liberty Tree Mall.  The link at the beginning of this paragraph will bring you to Mass Wildlife where you can obtain more detailed information. 

Dog Licensing

2016 Dog Licensing Underway

Dog licenses must be renewed between March 1st and April 1st in order to comply with Chapter 140, Section 137 of the General Laws. Chapter 140 was recently amended by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts mandating that dogs that are not spayed/neutered must pay a higher rate for their licenses than those that have been. Accordingly, the fee for intact dogs is $25.00 and the fee for spayed/neutered is $20. You must bring or send proof of spayed/neutering.
Dog Licensing is generally done by the Receptionist in the front lobby of Town Hall. If the receptionist desk is not manned, please go to the Town Clerk’s Office.

If you have any further questions, please contact us anytime during normal business hours by email: or , or by calling (978)777-0001.

Home | Departments | News | Calendar | Request Service | Bylaws & Regulations